Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Taxes--The Reason I Started Working From Home

So, before we were married, my husband and I were both self-employed. He was a welder and I was in the healthcare field. My husband made good money, but didn't save for taxes, and ended up paying the IRS with credit cards. By the time we got married, we had huge credit card bills, with nothing to show for it but a happy IRS! : )

This is basically the reason I started searching for work from home. We wanted to get our credit cards paid off faster to boost our credit and help us to save for a down payment on a bigger house, as we are outgrowing our house as our family continues to expand.

So--if you are serious about working from home, DON'T neglect the tax angle! No matter WHAT you do from home, if you are not working as an actual employee with taxes taken out of your check, you WILL have to pay the IRS at a later date! Don't get caught in a trap like we did! Learn from our mistakes and take a pro-active approach to saving for your taxes. Plus, track your expenses. And you know what? Kids are pretty awesome to have when you file, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment