Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Work available on Vworker

I thought I should publish a post on how much work is available on Vworker. The current statistics are: Employers: 158,455. Workers: 323,502. Open Projects: 2,323.

There are six categories of projects listed on Vworker, with more than a hundred sub and sub-sub categories, so you can filter the projects that show up when you click "Newest Projects". The five main categories are: administrative support, business services, design arts and multimedia, technology, writing and translation, and other. Within these categories sub and sub-sub categories exist, such as: data entry, phone/technical support, telemarketing, webpage design, web programming, mobile apps, and many, many more!!! Check out their site to see all of them. One that I think sounds fun: writing thank-yous.

Also, you can take tests to show your proficiency in a certain area. Like for me, I have no formal training or education in writing, but I took a few ExpertRating tests on grammar and vocab to show I knew what I was doing. Don't worry if you don't have a degree or something -- just prove to the employers that you can do it!

Don't be discouraged by the large number of workers compared to projects. Once you have worked for an employer, there is often repeat work available. I work mainly for a couple employers, but will branch off to do something a little different at times. If you get an employer that you work well with and likes you, they can specifically invite you to bid on future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment