Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Grrrr--lost out on an awesome opportunity!

So I got invited to a job on Vworker but decided it looked like too big of a project to bid on. I was thinking to bid around $300 and it would have taken me about a month, at least, to complete the job. Just found out the winning bidder bid over a thousand dollars! Feel like crying....cuz seriously -- I could have got it done in a month and that's pretty decent money, in my opinion, for working 1-3 hours a day.

Learning how to bid takes some practice, and you will probably under-bid on some jobs until you get the hang of it. Vworker's site has some articles to help you bid and I would highly recommend reading them. However, I had read them all and still underbid!!!! I was so scared of bidding too high and not getting the job that I underbid and on a couple jobs got a little stressed because I didn't make much for my efforts!

If you just want to win a few jobs to get your ratings up and get your name out there, bidding low is not such a bad thing. But once you are an experienced worker, you should raise the amount you bid.

I just can't quit thinking about this project -- gotta get over it and move on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment