Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nothing is Free

So, you think, there must be a catch, right? How does this site make money?

Vworker charges a 15% fee after you have completed a project. It is free for the employer to post jobs and pay their workers -- after all, they are paying the worker. The worker, then, must pay Vworker 15% of the job they complete. Don't stop reading!!! You won't be mailing any checks, don't worry! What they do is subtract the 15% before they send you your check. So really, you don't even realize it's gone. They also charge a service fee to mail your check, or deposit into your Paypal account. They have various ways of paying you. Old-fashioned me prefers a snail mail check, and they charge me a $5 fee to mail it to me. You can set your preferences to not receive checks until you reach a certain amount, say $200. You can also select if you want to be paid once or twice or month.

Do not be turned off by the 15% fee! When you have your check in your hand, you get every penny. You don't have to send them anything. They subtract it automatically, so you don't even realize. The way I figure it is this: If I was working outside of the home, how much would I pay in daycare? How about gas? How about food? What about work clothes? Cool fact: Did you know moms who work from home can work in their PJs if they want to? : )

I think I would be spending more than 15% on the above items working outside of the home. I feel like it is a small price to pay for having a flexible, decent paying job and still being able to enjoy the sound of my kids giggling!

No comments:

Post a Comment